iThemes Security plugin which was known as Better WP Security earlier has crossed 2 million downloads. The number definitely talks volume about the popularity and importance of this plugin.
We’re grateful so many users trust iThemes Security as their security solution; and we’re happy to share this milestone with the iThemes customer community. Thanks for 2 million downloads!
By Team iThemes
iThemes Security plugin gives you 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site, security of your WordPress setup is of utmost importance & this plugin can make your life easy to a great extent.
Sometimes it is really difficult to be aware of security concerns for a normal WordPress user, it is only a good idea to bring in somebody like iThemes Security plugin to protect your WordPress setup.
iThemes Security plugin makes it difficult for the attackers to understand your site’s sensitive areas like login, admin, etc.
iThemes Security works to protect your WordPress setup by blocking bad users and increasing the security of passwords and other vital information.
- Scans your site to instantly report where vulnerabilities exist and fixes them in seconds
- Bans troublesome user agents, bots and other hosts
- Prevents brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
- Strengthens server security
- Enforces strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supporting servers)
- Forces SSL for any page or post (on supporting servers)
- Turns off file editing from within WordPress admin area
- Detects and blocks numerous attacks to your filesystem and database
iThemes Security plugin keeps you updated with possible issues by scanning your site and make you aware where you can improve your security with high, medium and low priority items
After all these protection if your site still gets compromised, the regular backups of your WordPress database created by iThemes Security plugin makes it easy for you to get online almost instantly.
NOTE: Plugin owner recommends you to backup your site as iThemes Security makes significant changers to your database and other site files which can be problematic.