Though Google authorship markup is not a very difficult process by linking your Google Plus page to your blog and vice versa with “rel=author” in the link manually, some non basic WordPress users my still find it confusing.
So, what is the solution for those newbie users. Well, there is a great plugin called AuthorSure which makes the authorship markup process real easy.
The best part about AuthorSure plugin is it works for single and multi-author sites, and can help you get your face to appear on your category, tag and other taxonomy archive pages.
Going back to basics, what is authorship markup?
Google authorship markup is the process to show the author’s face in the Google search results, this is called a “rich snippet”. Google authorship markup makes your article standout in among the search results.
AuthorSure plugin makes the setting process real easy with their step by step training module. Just create a Google Plus page and get started.
- AuthorSure works with both single and multiple author WordPress websites and blog
- You get a choice of locations to place your rel=”author” markup
- AuthorSure automatically inserts a rel=”me” back to the Google Profile page
- Configures author archive pages with title, short or extended biography, and more.
- Has controls so you can suppress author information where it is not required on a page-by-page basis on posts, pages and custom post types such as landing pages or thank you pages
- Furthermore AuthorSure can add rel=”publisher” on the home page so the company or brand is registered as the site publisher with Google
- Everything is explained via a series of videos that help show the various ways the plugin can be configured to work with different themes
AuthorSure has some real good training articles and videos which makes it very easy for any newbie user to use this plugin effectively, also if you have any issues they have great support too.
So, download AuthorSure plugin from the link below and get started with authorship markup for your new WordPress site.