Jetpack 3.0 came out yesterday with a new face and lot more features, it’s a major update to enhance user experience and performance. The new admin interface will grab your attention instantly.
It is much better and easier now to navigate through the modules, you can easily search or navigate the modules by using the display by newest, category or alphabetical order option.
Also Read: 100+ Best Genesis Child Themes
Jetpack New Dashboard
The new Jetpack dashboard is much better now, it is really easy to navigate through the available modules and find the details compared to earlier version, also it looks amazing.
You can use the search option to find any available module or use the filter options (newest, category or alphabetical)
Jetpack Settings Page
Head over to the new settings page, now users can bulk activate modules as per requirement. Also, it has quick filter for active and inactive modules in the sidebar to guide you accordingly.
So, now you don’t have to spend time and go through each module to activate or deactivate it.
Site Verification Tools
The newly added verification tool will be really useful specially for newbie WordPress users because many newbie WordPress users install additional plugins to verify ownership with services like Google, Microsoft’s Bing, now you don’t have to install a separate plugin.
All of the Website Verification Services can be accessed via your Tools→Available Tools screen
Jetpack 3.0 Important Changelog
- New User Interface for managing modules and settings
- New Module: Verfication Tools
- New look for the Sharing module
- Multiple improvements on which Twitter handle a Twitter card will display
- Add option to hide Google+ Authorship banner while still receiving the benefits
- Many Infinite Scroll enhancements to improve performance
- Added filter to assign new default image for Open Graph tags
- New [jetpack-related-posts] shortcode to add Related Posts to page instead of default placement
- Added SSO option to turn off login form completely, to use WordPress.com login exclusively
- The [googlemaps] shortcode allows for Google Maps Engine
- YouTube shortcode allows HD playback
- Smoother, Faster Tiled Galleries!
- New languages! Use Jetpack in Irish, Fulah, and Tigrinya
Also, there are number of bugfixes, you can find the detailed changelog here