Security of your WordPress setup is the most important factor when we talk about managing a site running on WordPress CMS. So, securing should be at the top of your priority list.
In this post we will discuss about a free WordPress plugin called iLockout Security Scanner. This is a great free plugin released by iLockout team based in Northern California, who specializes in proactively protecting websites from the growing rate of cyber-crime.
Check : Better WP Security
Installing the plugin will ensure lower chance of getting hacked by hackers and lot of basic features that aid a lot in daily security routines of your site.
With increasing popularity of WordPress content management system, it has also become the hotspot for hackers to spread malware and spyware.
iLockout Security Scanner helps secure your site by examining the most vulnerable attack points and allows you to address them with one click.
After installing and activating this plugin, you will find a ton of features that aid in security routines which will significantly reduce the chances of loosing proprietary data to hackers.
What iLockout Security can Do?
- Remove sensitive information in the meta generator tag
- Check on WordPress update, theme update and plugin update in one click.
- Change default username
- Change default user ID
- Look for common vulnerabilities in WordPress system
- Remove extra information that is valuable to hackers in one click.
In just one click, this plugin will identify changes to the WordPress core files and find malicious changes and code in your website and database.
- Detects malware injection and site hacking in core WordPress files.
- Detects malicious code in your database by looking for common hacking patterns
- Lets users see the source code of the core files that were hacked
- Prevents malware injection to posts and database
- Lets users know whether their database has been infected