Clef WordPress Plugin is a free replacement for usernames and passwords that makes logging into your WordPress site easier and more secure.
[symple_box style=”boxinfo”]Clef WordPress Plugin
The Clef WordPress Plugin lets you get set up with Clef on your blog in about 2 minutes. Once you set it up, Clef lets you log into your blog without using a username and password, using secure digital signatures generated by your smartphone.
Clef is also a single sign-on solution — if you set it up on multiple websites, you only need to sync the Clef wave once to log into all of them (and you don’t need to remember passwords on any of those websites).
We also handle single sign-out. When you log out in the Clef app on your phone, you’re automatically logged out of all websites you used Clef to log in to.
How to Install Clef WordPress Plugin
Install Clef automatically from your WordPress Dashboard by selecting “Plugins” and then “Add New” from the sidebar menu. Search for Clef, and then choose “Install Now.”
- Download the latest version of Clef for WordPress (via the download button at the top right).
- Unzip the archive and upload the wpclef directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory on your WordPress site.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- If you don’t already have a Clef account, download the Clef app for your iPhone or Android device and sign up.
- With your Clef app in hand, visit the Clef settings page in your WordPress Dashboard and walk through the brief setup wizard.
Location of the Clef configuration screen.
Clef setup wizard.
A correctly configured settings page for Clef.