If you have done some research on how to improve loading speed of WordPress site, I’m sure you have already come across a plugin called WP Minify.
Minification is the process of removing unnecessary characters or code from the source code without changing its functionality of the code supposed to perform.
As the loading time of your site is very critical from the SEO and user experience point of view, proper minification of your site code is very important.
How Does WP Minify Work?
WP Minify grabs JS/CSS files in your generated WordPress page and passes that list to the Minify engine. The Minify engine then returns a consolidated, minified, and compressed script or style for WP Minify to reference in the WordPress header.
WP Minify Features
- Easily integrate Minify into your WordPress blog.
- Debug tools to help you debug your issues.
- Ability to include extra JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Ability to exclude certain JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Minified JS and CSS files can be placed wherever you want.
- Support for to minifying external files via caching.
- Ability to pass extra arguments to Minify engine.
- Expire headers for minified JS and CSS files.
- Detection and elimination of duplicate sources.
- Plugin hooks!
WP Minify Configuration
After you install and activated the plugin, go to Settings -> WP Minify for configuring the plugin. This plugin automatically configures itself, however you can check and enhance the settings as per your requirement.
Plesae note, WP Minify may not be compatible with some themes and break the layout, so make your you back up your site before installing this plugin