Using a recent post widget is one of the best way to engage traffic on your WordPress site, however in most of the recent post widget there is a limitation to main blog post only.
A prettier, filterable and more functional recent posts widget that allows you to choose a custom post type or specific taxonomy.
Recent post types generally shows a set number of recent post below every post detail page. Example of recent post widget in Indexwp
If your site contains important information in custom post type, a general general recent post widget can’t display custom post type. Now a days, most of the modern WordPress themes comes with portfolio and many other Taxonomy posts, what about those?
How to display custom post type in recent posts widget?
A new plugin called Super Recent Posts Widget released recently which supports custom post type or specific taxonomy as well.
How to install Super Recent Post Widget?
The installation process for Super Recent Posts Widget is simple and like any other WordPress plugin.
- If installing manually, unzip and copy the resulting directory to your plugin directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to any widgetized area/sidebar and configure as desired.
The following filters are available:
- srpw_get_args to override arguments of main query for the widget.
- srpw_template to override the output template for the widget, see below for more information.
- srpw_WIDGET_NAME_template to override the output template for the widget on a widget by widget basis, the WIDGET_NAME appears on the back-end in the widgets window see below for more information.
- widget_title this is a WordPress core filter see here for more information.
- srpw_post_types to override the post types available for this widget.
- srpw_taxonomies to override the taxonomies available for this widget.
Check plugin page for more information about the plugin