Largo builds on the work done by NPR’s Project Argo, but has been significantly expanded to include additional features to better support the needs of a wider variety of news publishers.
Know more about the Project Largo code base in Github
- Responsive design to accommodate a variety of devices, screen sizes and resolutions (mobile, tablet and desktop)
- Three homepage layout options (blog, newspaper and carousel) to support different news site presentation needs
- Highly-configurable responsive navigation menus built with the needs of news publishers in mind
- Built-in support for donate buttons, social media links, Google Analytics and other functionality that would normally require additional plugins
- Support for custom bylines and author profiles to allow for greater flexibility in attributing posts to members of your organization (or outside organizations) as well as the ability to add additional contact methods and social media links for each regular contributors on your site.
- Fancy post formatting including pull quotes, images and slideshows with captions and credits (requires activation of the Argo Slideshow and Argo Media Credit plugins), ability to break articles into multiple pages, heading and body text optimized for readability and support for a variety of embedded media
- Integrated support for Open Graph, Twitter Card, Google rel=author/publisher markup, hnews and hcard microformats to ensure optimal presentation of your content when shared elsewhere on the web
- Curated list of plugins for add-on functionality such as enhanced editorial workflow, search engine optimization, caching and backup and more sophisticated comment management
The Largo theme comes packaged with plugins original created by NPR for Project Argo and modified as per requirement to ensure compatibility with the Largo theme.
The Argo Media Credit and Slideshow plugins will enable better support for photos and galleries within the Largo theme. Documentation for the media credit plugin and slideshow plugin can be found on the Project Argo site here and here, respectively.
The Argo Audio Player will enable you to easily add embedded audio to your posts. Depending on your specific needs you might prefer using a plugin called PowerPress to support podcasting or hosting your audio on SoundCloud and embedding the SoundCloud player.
A lot of other useful plugins with packed latest features are open for download. Just check all plugins here and download as per your specific requirement.