Butler Consulting made debut to WordPress’s plugin repository with a very important and nicely created plugin called Google Font Manager. This plugin makes to the process really easy to add Google fonts to your WordPress site.
The Google Font Manager plugin was written to help you quickly and easily add Google fonts to your WordPress website. Designed for both regular and advanced WordPress users in mind.
You can use this plugin to simply add Google fonts to your site and reference them in your own custom style sheets (if you are using a child theme)
Please note: As This plugin has been developed for modern browsers and makes liberal use of HTML5 data attributes and may not function as intended in older web browsers.
Admin Previews of Google Font Manager
1. Preview all Google fonts without leaving the WP Admin.
2. Easily add and remove Google Fonts to your WordPress Site.
3. Build and customize your own CSS style sheet (no programming required).
Google Font Manager features:
- Add as many Google Fonts as you want to your site
- Full integration with Google Fonts API
- Automatically adds fonts to Visual Editor (tinyMCE)
- Optionally adds “Web Safe Fonts” to Visual Editor
- Customize style sheet to override theme default
- AJAX-powered, no screen refreshes!
- Clean and fresh UI and UX design
- Fully responsive Admin (as of WP 3.8)
- Light-Weight turn on and off options
- Resources only loaded in WP Admin when needed
How to Install Google Font Manager
- Upload this plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory and unzip it, or simply upload the zip file within your wordpress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on “Google Font Manager” in your admin toolbar, located under the settings tab.
- Follow the link and instructions provided to get your Google Fonts API key, add your API key and update settings.
- Start previewing and adding fonts to your site. Happy Typography!