At first glance, a website doesn’t look like a place where inventory management is needed. There is nothing to carry, no one to carry it. But closer we go, we see that, like any other business – websites run on content.
Content is what bring the traffic to a website, and that traffic then turns to profit. This makes running a website sustainable business.
[symple_box style=”boxinfo”]Content Audit: Content Inventory Solution[/symple_box]
This way, content on a website is comparable to food in a restaurant. Hence, it is vital to keep your content fresh and engaging. Content Audit makes this task so much easier.
What is Content Audit?
In this post we are talking about Content Audit which is a WordPress plugin that keeps track of all the data and content on your WordPress site.
Some content are eternal, but most need changes or improvement time to time. This is akin to paint-job on your house.
It needs new and refreshed look time to time. Content Audit plugin helps you manage all the pages on your website. It mark them as “Audited,” “Outdated,” “Redundant,” to classify them in different categories to change them, accordingly, in future.
Other than this, there are many other features in Content Audit that makes it very useful in website auditing.
Following are some of the features of this amazing plugin:
- Firstly, it adds a Meta-box tagged as “Outdated Content” on your dashboard, which acts as a constant remainder for you. The more you are aware of the status of your website, the more you are encouraged to improve it.
- Secondly, on a detailed view, it places different pages on different Meta box with varying update status. This way you will know, how far you’re in auditing process.
- You can place a note, about any page, on where and what is needed on a particular page.
- If your website is run by many people, you can assign different pages to different individuals.
- The best feature of this plugin is probably the expiration date feature. If you set an expiration date for a content such as quarterly circulation, which becomes redundant after a certain date, it will show a constant notification after that date.
How is Content Audit Plugin Helpful?
Due to a large number of pages, what you call, shining up your website is a long and tedious work, especially for older pages, as your style and writing have improved in this time.
Knowing which pages are up-to-date and which are redundant, can help you immensely. This way you can finish this work in many phases, without stressing yourself too much on details.
Furthermore it is very customizable. You can choose which pages are to be reviewed and which not? Similarly, you can select when to automatically audit your website and at what frequency?
Content Audit Settings Page
Content Audit Overview
Content Audit is an absolute darling of a plugin. It’s my favorite plugin to manage my WordPress content. It not only breaks the, often large and frustrating, task of website auditing in small bits, therefore making it easy, but also is a constant remainder to the work needed to be done on your website. I strongly encourage you to give it a try.