Advertisements are very important part of all professional blogs because it gives you financial freedom, so that you can concentrate on creating some great content for your site.
Over the last few years, 125 x 125 ad units has emerged as one of the most widely used and popular ad banner units. If you look around almost every second blog has 125 x 125 banner ads on their site.
In this post today, we will talk about a WordPress plugin called WP125 which will make your life really easy as far as managing ads on your site is concerned.
If advertisement on your site is not outsourced to any agency and you manage it yourself, it may consume a lot of your time managing your ads & keeping the track of the dates and other related aspects.
Easily Manage Ads on Your WordPress Site
Why 125 x 125 ad units are so popular?
125 x 125 ads are an attractive option for bloggers and advertisers because of a few reason
- Fit properly in any sidebar.
- Generally low cost ads
- Multiple ads unites can be fitted.
- All affiliate program offer this as standard unit.
WP125 plugin will almost automate the entire process how you manage ads on your WordPress site as far as 125 x 125 banner ads are concerned.
Once you install and activate the plugin a new option as ads will be added to your WordPress admin panel.
Options on WP125 plugin to manage ads
- Show as many ads as you want, and in either manual or random order
- Keep track of how many times an ad is clicked
- When creating a new ad, you don’t have to calculate the end date yourself. Just input how many days you wish the ad to run for, and the correct date will be applied. The ad will be automatically taken down when the time comes.
- When an ad run is over, the record is archived on the Inactive ads screen, so you can check on the final click count, or revive the ad for another run.
- When an ad slot is empty, a placeholder ad of your choice will be displayed. This could be a “Your Ad Here” image linking to a page with statistics and pricing, or an affiliate link.
- Optionally receive email notifications when an ad expires. Useful if you send follow-up messages to advertisers, or if you just want to stay in the know.
Conclusion: A very useful plugin because it will automate the ad management process, so you don’t have to manually keep a track of the duration of ads, all you need to do is just set the number of days a particular ads should be active.
This plugin will give you the freedom to choose the number of ad unites and where they should link to.